TIME: 4 hours (classroom and range time)
Who is this course for?
This class is designed for the novice gun builder.
- Student must be 21 years or older.
- Students must provide a stripped lower receiver.
What can you expect?
Each student will learn how the AR-15 and each of its components work. During this class, students will build their very own rifle and test fire it on our range.
What materials will you be provided?
- We supply the knowledge, tools, and expertise.
- One (1) FREE TekMat Original 12″x36″ AR-15 Rifle Mat ($24.99 Value)
- One (1) FREE Patriot Outdoors Original T-Shirt ($19.95 Value)
- Besides the lower receiver, all parts can be purchased during the class, if so desired. (Depending on availability and compatibility of parts, i.e., not all parts are compatible with all configurations of AR-type rifles).
- Students will be contacted shortly after enrolling in this class so we can ascertain the parts needs ahead of time.
What materials do you need to provide?
- Stripped Lower Receiver
- Lower Receiver Parts Kit (Including Fire Control Group and Pistol Grip)
- Receiver Extension Assembly (a.k.a. Buffer Tube Assembly)
- Stripped Upper Receiver
- Upper Parts Kit
- Bolt Carrier Group
- Charging Handle
- Muzzle Device
- Gas Tube
- Gas Block
- Iron Sights
- 50 Rounds of Ammunition Minimum
- Sling (recommended)
- Optic (recommended)
The Course Outline:
- Students will learn how to completely assemble a military spec the AR-15 from readily available parts.
- Barrel and gas tube
- Upper receiver and bolt carrier
- Lower receiver and fire control group
- Stocks, sights, and slings
- If you haven’t received a call and have questions relating to this class, please call (501)230-0579. The instructor will be happy to go over your chosen build and make sure everything is in order to ensure you can complete your rifle and test fire it during this class.